Clonoe O’Rahillys GAC was founded in 1916, and named after one of the Leaders in the 1916 Easter Rising, Michael J. O’Rahilly. It was not until the 1940’s that the Clonoe team became firmly established in Gaelic football.
In 1941 Clonoe reached the Tyrone Senior Football Championship final for the first time and was beaten by St. Malachy’s Moortown. The 1950s was Clonoe’s most successful decade, with the official opening of O’Rahilly Park in 1952 and a place in the County Finals in ’52,’53,’56,’58 & ’59.
In 1958 Clonoe defeated Carrickmore in the Final and the arrival of The O’Neill Cup at ‘the Corner’ became a reality. The 1960s were also successful for Clonoe with wins in ’60, ’61, & ’65. In 1973 the new Social Club was opened and a reserve team formed which won the Intermediate Championship in 1983.
The O’Neill Cup was won in 1991 after defeating Coalisland and the reserve championship in 2000 with a win over Carrickmore in the final. U21 championship and U21 ulster club titles followed in 2001 a feat that was repeated in 2013/14. Further Senior Reserve Championships in 2007, 08,10,13&14 were accompanied with senior championship wins in 2008 & 2013 with Division 1 league titles in 2012 & 2015